This week on Caitie’s Classroom we learned all about butterflies! Here is the step by step guide on how to make your very own butterfly with tissue paper and a clothespin. We’d love to see your finished crafts, share them on social media using the hashtag #CaitiesClassroom!
- wooden clothespin
- tissue paper
- colored daubers
- small googly eyes
- black pipe cleaner
- Paint the clothespin black and let dry.
- Fold one sheet of tissue paper and cut in half. Take one half and fold again twice ending with a square. Draw a 1/4 section wing shape on the 2 open edge sides. Cut and unfold your butterfly shape. Repeat again with a smaller butterfly shape for a layered look.
- Open the cut out butterfly shape and decorate with colored daubers.
- Let dry.
- Layer tissue paper colours and accordion fold the centre and slide into clothes pin slot (if using hinged clothespins, open and clasp the paper).
- Fold pipe cleaner in half and twist around top of the clothespin.
- Glue googly eyes to the top of clothespin.
Let’s Pretend to Be Butterflies with Caitie!
Original content © 2018 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms and Conditions.